Thursday 15 March 2012

Old and new

I have started to collect loads of old memories of my family so things like valentine letters, pictures, hats, maps, birth certificates etc. I am taking pictures of them or re-creating them so for example editing old and new parts together of the present and past. I have also decided to recreate memories of my own and compare them to back then to show the differences in society.

Changes in society: back in the olden days they would have maids or cleaners and that can happen now but you'd have to be quite rich to have that. Teenagers have changed in society ever since the 1960s but teenagers are much more open minded and rebellious now where as back then it would have been 'seen and not heard'. Houses have changed as they are much bigger, now have insulation and bricks with cars outside.

Ideas: taking a picture of something already done so an old house and a new house or I could hold up the old picture against the new place so it is contrasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment